Margaret Fite is Managing Consultant of 5mile Consulting, where she focuses her practice on providing HR support to small companies undergoing business transformation (start-ups, mergers, acquisitions, culture change, work redesign). Margaret also serves as a senior consultant with the Chatfield Group, a full service human resources consulting firm. Her focus is on supporting workplace stability through employee communication and flawless technical execution.
With 20 years’ experience as a hands-on HR leader, Margaret has led business transformation initiatives for several organizations within the healthcare industry. Selected achievements include:
- Supported a start-up privately-held healthcare company through its formative growth years in a way that emphasized entrepreneurial values and encouraged flexibility of talents
- Provided HR due diligence and transformation for hospital acquisitions for capital partner-owned hospital management company
- Led HR transition processes including benefits analysis and re-enrollment, management training, payroll/HRIS conversion and employee communication
- Participated in RFP and selection processes that led a single-hospital system to a JV partnership with a large proprietary hospital company
- Served on a transformation team that led a multi-hospital system through Process Reengineering; then followed as the system champion for a culture change initiative that followed
Education & Credentials
Margaret holds an MBA from the Pamplin School of Business/Virginia Tech, a BS from Middle Tennessee State University, and has been certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) since 1999.