James P. Weichert
Focus AreasJim Weichert draws upon his deep knowledge of compensation, benefits and HRIS practices to help organizations develop total compensation strategies that align effectively with corporate strategies and take into account pay for performance and market competitiveness.
With more than 20 years’ experience in total rewards compensation and HR delivery, Jim’s areas of focus include:
- Performance management and appraisal planning
- Key employee retention strategies and planning
- Incentive plan development, including gain-sharing, annual, and long-term plans
- Base salary administration, such as market competitiveness, job evaluation, and effective merit delivery options for all levels of employees
- Base salary administration that includes testing for market competitiveness, conducting job evaluations, and developing effective merit-delivery options
- Benefit plan design and communications for all levels of employees
- HR administration and service delivery, including process improvement, outsourcing, HR measurement, setting customer service standards, and monitoring employee feedback
- Spot and formal recognition plans
ExperienceIn the HR arena, Jim has held both management and professional positions with leading companies in manufacturing and financial services as well as health-care, food and business services. These companies include Sterigenics International, Snap-on Incorporated, Heller Financial, McDonald’s Corporation, Moore Business Forms, and The Quaker Oats Company. His work as co-leader of a cross-functional “Employer of Choice” team at Heller Financial contributed to Heller’s recognition by Crain’s Chicago Business as one of the “Top 25 Best Places to Work in Chicago.”
Education & CredentialsJim holds a B.S. in marketing from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, and a Master of Science in Industrial Relations (MSIR) from Loyola University in Chicago.
He is an active member of WorldatWork, where he has attained the Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation and has received their Lifetime Achievement Award. In addition, he is a member of both the Chicago Compensation Association, where he has served as a member of the Board of Directors, and the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM).