Gloria Woods is President and principal of GJW Consulting and also serves as a senior consultant, trainer, and diversity practitioner with the Chatfield Group, a full service human resources consulting firm. Gloria has over 20 years of specialized experience in diversity strategy implementation, training design and delivery, and measuring results. Her mission is to help organizations embrace the value of diversity as a key ingredient to business success, and to create workplaces in which inclusion drives positive results. She believes all people matter and when they are valued and included, they bring new energy and innovative solutions to their work.
Gloria’s extensive experience spans many industries and organizations. She has designed and delivered consulting solutions, and conducted a full portfolio of diversity and inclusion education for clients such as: The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Nationwide Insurance, Office Max, Kraft Foods, Spencer Stuart, and the YWCA Evanston/North Shore. Many of these clients achieved a “Top 50 for Diversity” ranking and 100% Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Equality Index scores. She is noted for an engaging and collaborative style, deep passion for the work, and a unique ability to link diversity to real outcomes. She offers practical application of inclusion to the everyday work of employees at all levels. These unique characteristics have made her a sought after diversity expert, presenter, and facilitator.
Gloria has demonstrated success in her roles as an internal diversity leader with CNA Insurance, Argonne National Laboratory, and BP/Amoco. Her accomplishments include:
- Building executive level commitment to implement “start-up” diversity initiatives and strategies
- Improving cultural competency for all levels of staff by leading teams of internal and external trainers to develop and deliver diversity/inclusion education
- Supporting Marketing and Sales teams to grow market share in diverse customer markets
- Working with Human Resources/Talent Acquisition staff to create new, integrated and inclusive people practices such as: domestic partner benefits, diversity leadership competencies, recruiting/interviewing practices, and inclusive team assessments
- Improving diverse talent representation at all job levels
- Supporting Procurement departments to implement diversity supplier programs
In addition to this expertise, Gloria brings Human Resources leadership and operations experience from roles as a HR Manager with Rust-Oleum, and as a Production Supervisor at Nabisco Brands.
Education & Credentials
Gloria is a proud Alumnus of the University of Michigan. Gloria is a Board member for the YWCA Evanston/ North Shore, a member of the National Association of African Americans in Human Resources, a LAMBDA Legal volunteer speaker.
Prior to her career in business, Gloria served for 6 years as an officer in the U.S. Army, stationed in U. S. and Germany. She served with distinction and was honorably discharged as a Captain. During her military career, she held positions as a survey platoon commander, a fire direction officer, and her last role was as an instructor/technical writer at the Field Artillery School at Ft. Sill, OK.